Stick together and be happy! Atoms tend to be more stable and content when they have certain numbers of electrons whizzing around their cores, and when they share or exchange electrons to be happy, they stick together, and form molecules. Using a set of 17 atom models representing six different elements, snap together hundreds of different magnetic molecules and learn about the building blocks of the universe with the interactive Happy Atoms Introduction to Atoms and Molecules Kit from Thames & Kosmos®. The molecules are easy to build because the atoms already have the correct number of free electrons and empty bonding sites. Then use the free Happy Atoms app and the camera on your tablet or smartphone running iOS to scan and identify hundreds of molecules you build, with detailed information on about 49 of them.
- Award Winner: 2017 KAPi - EdTech Award
- Free App requires an iPad 2 or later, or an iPhone 5 or later running iOS 8 or later
- Materials: plastic, rubber, metal, magnets
- Contents: set of 17 atom models representing 6 different elements to build molecules, free happy Atoms app (free download), periodic table, scanning mat, & 16-page guide with 73 activities
- Package: 14.5" x 11.5" x 3" (37 x 30 x 8 cm)
- Made in Germany
- Recommended for ages 10 & up
CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years. Magnets are securely embedded in the large plastic atoms -- seek immediate medical attention if magnets are swallowed or inhaled.