How to Be the Change
- The seed package funds an expertly selected indigenous tree. Research by regional experts will decide which types of trees are need to allow harmony to return to that habitat, and provide homes for birds, butterflies, and wildlife.
- The sprout package will help fund the important supplies used to plant trees in much needed areas. This could include supplies such as soil, peat moss, liquid fertilizer, rooting liquid, gloves, garden knives, post hole diggers, shovels and wheel barrows. This also includes the funding for the planting of a indigenous tree.
- Purchase the saplings package, funds two trees, and can help support the tools, and transportation to get the trees, as well as supplies and volunteers to the planting site.
- Our favorite level! The woodland package includes everything above and the planting of 6 trees!
Why Are Trees So Important?
Fires, deforestation, invasive species, land degradation, flooding and other catastrophic events wreak havoc on forests and wildlife. Every time a tree is removed or destroyed, the environment around it feels the after-effects. Trees are vital to the ecosystem - offering shelter for plant life and especially wildlife, as well as providing food, protection, and a place to call home. Without the trees animals are left exposed and vulnerable to predators and the elements.
With one small action of planting a tree the biggest of differences can be made; as Ralph Waldo Emerson said "The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn." By planting a single tree, a chain reaction of positive changes occur. Wildlife is helped, fresh oxygen is produced ( a single tree can produce about 260 pounds of oxygen per year*) and carbon dioxide is used (one tree can absorb one ton of carbon dioxide in its life*.) Acting as giant beautiful filters, trees make the earth cleaner and healthier for all of us! Help save the earth and animals by helping plant a tree!
CURRENT EFFORTS: Land degradation is prevalent in areas of Mexico primarily due to overgrazing by cattle. The consequence of this is the loss of habitat for many types of wildlife. This results in some animals being more vulnerable to predators, and some dying simply because their homes have been destroyed, and they lack shelter. With your help we can put cottonwood and willow trees back into the landscape and save these majestic creatures including the jaguar, the Mexican black hawk and the Mexican bald eagle. Update! We've funded the planting of 1,000 trees in the upper Rio Yaqui of Mexico which include cottonwoods and willow trees that the animals there love!!
Other important information:
- You will not receive a shipment from this purchase. We will facilitate the donation directly with qualifying organizations your behalf.
- You will be charged all required taxes for your location. Save your receipt and consult your tax professional to determine if you're able to claim this purchase as a tax-deductible donation expense.
GreaterGood has ultimate authority and discretion with regard to the distribution of Benefit Buy contributions based upon what the receiving organization needs the most. We will always contribute products of equal or greater value. Contributions may be distributed as cash or may be used to help other charity partners depending on the greatest need.
- GreaterGood is proud to help provide this opportunity to plant trees in areas that are in need. We are 20 Years Strong, and we couldn't have done it without your support--thank you!
*Found at Saveatree.com