Tragically, homelessness is a major problem affecting America’s veterans. Due to a lack of affordable housing, limited post-service job opportunities, and inadequate care for veterans with physical or mental conditions, tens of thousands of men and women who once heroically protected our country now find themselves in poverty on American streets, needing assistance for even basic essentials until they can get back on their feet.
Help GreaterGood support those who kept our homeland safe and now are themselves without a home and safety!
When you purchase a Care Pack on behalf of a homeless veteran and their beloved pet, you will be letting them know they have not been forgotten by the country they served.
Each homeless veteran comfort pack includes:
- A backpack to hold supplies and possessions.
- A hygiene kit including shampoo, soap, and toothbrush.
- A reusable water bottle.
- A t-shirt and socks to provide a clean change of clothing.
- A blanket for warmth and comfort.
Many homeless veterans are also caring for a beloved animal companion. These animals provide emotional support and comfort, yet the responsibility can bring a added stress to a homeless veteran’s life.
Each pet pack includes items to help a homeless veteran care for their pet…
- A collapsible bowl to provide a clean place for the pet to eat or drink.
- A slip lead leash to ensure the pet remains safe with their veteran owner.
- A treat and a toy that provides the dog with comfort and happiness. This gift also helps to create an even stronger bond between the veteran and their pet.
You can make the strongest impact by providing a combined pack to provide everything listed above for both a veteran in need and their pet. Let them know that we remember their sacrifice, and we will continue to work until every veteran is cared for appropriately.
The purchase of a Care Pack additionally generates our customary charitable donation to help provide meals for veterans -- an extra 2 meals with every pack!
Other important information:
- You will not receive a shipment from this purchase. We will deliver the product directly to the shelter recipient on your behalf.
- You will be charged all required taxes for your location. Save your receipt and consult your tax professional to determine if you're able to claim this purchase as a tax-deductible donation expense.
- GreaterGood & The Veterans Site are proud to help provide these care packs for veterans and their pets that are in need on your behalf. We couldn't do it without your support -- thank you!